Save the Date:
Move-in and Orientation
August 18-21, 2023
Information for New Students
Entering Austin College Fall 2023
Welcome to the 'Roo Community!
This area of the website is designed to provide new students and their parents with important dates leading up to students' arrival on campus in August for orientation.
Your Next Steps to Joining ‘RooNation:
1. Log on to your Student Hub, accept your offer of Admission, and pay the $350 enrollment deposit.
Acceptance of College Principles: Austin College is committed to the ideals of community membership, individual responsibility, shared goals and expectations, and the highest standards of integrity. Signing the Commitment to Academic Integrity indicates an understanding of our general educational approach and a willingness to abide by the Austin College principles.
2. Activate your Austin College account and email address
3. Apply for Housing
Complete your Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) survey
- You'll receive a unique link to complete your survey in your Austin College email inbox.
- Log in using your Austin College username and password.
- After you complete the survey, your results will be emailed to you within 24 hours. This email contains the four-letter personality type that you will need for your residence hall occupancy contract.
- You will need to complete the MBTI even if you’ve taken it before, but do not need to complete it if you are living at home with your parents.
Submit your online residence hall contract no later than May 15
- After you complete the MBTI survey and receive your results, submit your contract.
- Reference our online walk-through of the housing contract, if you have questions as you complete your form.
- Our Student Life Office prioritizes assignments based on the date they receive your survey and contract. Residence hall and roommate assignments cannot be made until your online housing contract and MBTI survey are received. If you have a roommate preference, both parties must indicate this preference by emailing email@example.com by May 15. Please refer to the Residence Life page on the College’s website for more details.
- If you are applying to live in the GLLC, please note the separate application. Students who apply for this housing opportunity will also need to take their MBTI assessment and submit a housing contract.
Notes on Meal Plans:
- All first-year students, living on campus, have a 7-day unlimited meal plan.
- This meal plan grants you unlimited access to the dining hall between the hours of 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. every day.
- Your meal plan includes $75 Hopper Dollars to use in the Kangaroo Coffee Company and the Pouch Club, two on-campus dining venues.
4. Continue to check your Financial Aid Self-Service portal and your email account for important information.
5. Throughout the summer, new student forms need to be completed through WebHopper.
Documents & Links
Language Placement Exams
29 - Fall Course Registration & Virtual Advising with Faculty Member
30 - Global Living and Learning Housing Application Due
1 - National College Decision Day
15 - Housing Contracts due and deadline for roommate requests
30 - Fall Course Registration & Virtual Advising with Faculty Member
1 - First-Year Seminar Course Description and Selection Form Available Online (first years only)
5 - Session 1: Mini Courses Begin
15 - Roommate and Hall Assignments Released
23 - Session 1: Mini Courses End
24 - Room Preview Day (on-campus)
1 - Health Forms Due
5 - Session 2: Mini Courses Begin
25 - Session 2: Mini Courses Begin
18 - New Student Move-in 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
19-21 - New Student Orientation
22 - First day of Class for the Fall Semester